HWA Analytics Experience
HWA’s consulting services team regularly performs economic analyses, including but not limited to: economic development strategies for business retention and expansion; business outreach; regional industry sector and industry cluster analyses; labor market analyses; and project, program, and organization specific economic impact analyses. HWA consistently partners with economic development organizations, corporate and non-profit organizations to help them tackle complex development problems. The HWA team has the following qualifications and experiences:
· Economic development experience in the public and private sector.
o Over 250 corporate projects in which the companies have committed to nearly 10,000 jobs and over $3 billion in new investment in communities.
· Authored over 35 tax increment finance and development plans that brought public financing to private development projects, and dozens of tax abatements and state incentive packages
· Growth strategy and innovation consulting with a variety of organizations including Fortune 500 companies, emerging companies, non-profit and public sector organizations to help them grow and realize their full potential
· Created a program that delivered advanced manufacturing intelligence and trend forecasting to many states and communities across the Great lakes region
· Engagements with a number of communities undergoing significant economic transitions.
· Led the formation and staffing of task forces and community groups focused on transitioning the economies of many communities
· Feasibility study and implementation plan for an innovation collaboration center
· Multiple engagements branding, marketing, and strategic planning to market the qualities and assets of communities to potential private sector investors
· Economic modeling public policy analysis, financial analysis, econometric modeling, and forecasting.
· Led a group of 60 organizations - spanning academia, industry, and economic developers - in building a strategy for knowledge transfer “open innovation”
· Led a strategy session among a large group of foundations who fund climate and energy work, resulting in developing a unified approach to the issue and setting priorities for the coming years of work
· Created an integrated regional strategy and implementation plan for addressing nutrient pollution issues in and around Lake Erie.
· Created a real estate development strategy to promote investment a multi-modal freight industrial park
· Developing an organizational structure for a regional economic development organization
· Staged a conference on the future of transportation, distribution and logistics technology, for thought leaders from industry, academia, and government.
· Developed, implemented, and managed a comprehensive and successful economic development recruitment program for emerging industries
· Launched a community website and public relations campaign.